Join Our Team
Join our team! We’re seeking talented individuals with passion, integrity, and the right attitude. Whether you’re an experienced professional or someone who’s looking to learn and grow, we value a can-do spirit and a commitment to excellence.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative company, submit your portfolio today and be considered for future opportunities!
We are a growing Digital Marketing Agency and looking for WordPress Web Developers. This is a remote position, but we are specifically looking for someone based in the Halifax area.
This position is best suited for a candidate with early to mid-level experience in WordPress development. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with us or a quick learner. Under the direction of our lead developer, this position will handle front-end WordPress website development and modifications for our client base as well as landing page creation for lead generation. Attention to detail is vital for delivering a quality product to the clients. As a remote position, the abilities to communicate with peers and clients (verbal and written), self-motivated, and work with a team are what we are looking for in a candidate.
- At least 1 year of concentrated WordPress experience
- Intermediate skills in HTML, CSS, and WordPress.
- Should be a problem solver – if you DON’T know it, be able to find the answer.
- Knowledge of mobile responsive and cross-browser and cross-device testing.
- Comfortable with WHM/cPanel operation.
- An eye for design and finding the best images.
- Should be able to troubleshoot basic WP problems (white screens et al).
- The ability to set up a local environment for development and testing.
- Must have a very good internet connection, computer, and phone.
Prefer to have:
- Divi, or Elementor Theme experience
- Backup / Deployment of sites
- Site transfer experience
- Graphics skills – know how to use Adobe Photoshop
- SEO experience would be a real plus – understand keywords, the significance of headings, build a sitemap, etc.
- Troubleshooting hosting issues – including site speed issues, SSL problems, mail delivery, PHP updates, server settings, etc.
During the interview, show us that you are professional and friendly. You will be interacting with customers fairly frequently to coordinate site updates and resolve problems, so we need to know you will represent our company well. A good attitude goes a long way.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, write up a short blurb about why you’re perfect for this role, a link to your portfolio with at least 5 examples of your work, your LinkedIn profile link, and submit it with your resume.
Location: Work from Home (Halifax Nova Scotia)
Hours: While this is a remote position, we do require you to be available 9-5 Monday through Friday.
Pay will depend on your skill level.
Please, no agencies. No agency-referred candidates will be considered for this position.
Businesses that work with Grandway Marketing range from many sizes, markets and industries. With your experience in graphic design, you will help bring to life the vision for new and existing businesses. In this role, you will be responsible for developing branding materials, such as logo designs, business card designs, flyers and marketing materials, and more. In addition, you will be responsible for designing custom website designs, with user experience and design at the forefront.
Do you love using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign, and love playing with unique fonts and colours? Have you fallen in love with developing brands or revamping them online and on social media? Are you a graphic design wizard? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the position for you! Grandway works with all sizes of businesses and we love developing new brands for businesses, everyday. Learn more and join our team today!
- Effectively meet client objectives and needs through the use of graphic design tools and programs
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners and team members
- Open and willing to accept constructive feedback from clients and implement solutions to effectively action against feedback
- Very responsive and attentive throughout the entire timeline of client projects, providing updates to the team
- Ability to validate functional requirements of each project and provide key recommendations
- Strives to stay up to date with the latest technology and software to keep ahead of website development trends and changes
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a graphic designer or related position
- Established background in graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Must have experience with Adobe XD, Figma or other website design prototype platforms
- Experience with Canva
- Ability to use, edit and has mastered engagement with social media platforms
- Ability to hand-draw logos, vectors and illustrate marketing materials
- Ability to translate and capture a brand’s positioning and culture into a graphic perspective
- Understanding of company’s core competencies and knowledge of the design industry
- Creative mindset and strategic thinker
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills